In this section we will read about
- I/P Converter (Current to pressure Converter)
- Valve positioner
- Parts of a pneumatic control valve positioner
- Control Valve and its types
- Solenoid Valve
- Pneumatic Cylinder
- Butterfly Valve
- Pneumatic Globe Valve
- Work of different Parts of a Control Valve
- Pneumatic globe valve types
- Characteristics of Control Valve
- Class of a control valve
- Pressure Transmitter
- Working principle of pressure transmitter
- Pin type pressure Transmitter
- Connections of a pressure transmitter
- How signal is checked in a pressure transmitter
Pneumatic Globe Valve
In this lesson, we will study the globe valve.
- A globe valve is a type of valve used for regulating flow in a pipeline, consisting of a movable disk-type element and a stationary ring seat in a generally spherical body.
- The Globe valve is the most commonly used control valve in industries. Globe valves are available in different sizes. The Globe valve is used on water and steam lines both. Globe Valve is used where pressure is high.
- Control Valve has 2 parts.
Parts of actuator
The actuator is connected from the body through a coupler.
Parts of Body
Plug stem (Spindle).
Valve position indicator.
- Control valves are valves to control conditions such as flow, pressure, temperature, and liquid level by partially or fully opening or closing in response to signals received from controllers.
- The controller compares a “Set-point ” to a “Process variable”, the value of this process variable is provided by sensors that monitor changes in such conditions (flow, pressure, temperature, and liquid level ).
- In the next lesson, we will discuss the Work of different parts of a Control Valve.
“Sharing is caring”
Share this lesson with friends, this will help others a lot.