In this section we will read about
- I/P Converter (Current to pressure Converter)
- Valve positioner
- Parts of a pneumatic control valve positioner
- Control Valve and its types
- Solenoid Valve
- Pneumatic Cylinder
- Butterfly Valve
- Pneumatic Globe Valve
- Work of different Parts of a Control Valve
- Pneumatic globe valve types
- Characteristics of Control Valve
- Class of a control valve
- Pressure Transmitter
- Working principle of pressure transmitter
- Pin type pressure Transmitter
- Connections of a pressure transmitter
- How signal is checked in a pressure transmitter
Pneumatic globe valve types
in this lesson, we will explain pneumatic globe valve types
Globe valves are of 2 types.
- Air to open or normally closed.
- Air to close or normally open.
- Air to open control valve is a valve that remains in close position in the absence of air. On applying air it is operated and starts opening. It is also called Normally Closed Valve.
- Air pressure is applied below the diaphragm in this type of valve as shown in the above figure.
- Air to close control valve is a valve that remains in an open position in the absence of air. On applying air it is operated and starts closing. It is also called Normally Open Valve.
- Air pressure is applied above the diaphragm in this type of valve as shown in the above figure.
How a Control Valve Works?
Firstly air is applied on Diaphragm then Air Goes to Spring, Spring is compressed on applying air, and control valve are operated.
Role of Wheel in a Control Valve
The wheel is used to operate a control valve manually. In some valves, the neutral position is given. In a neutral position control valve is operated through the air. In other positions, different from the neutral position control valve is operated through the wheel manually. In some control valves, this wheel is not given. Control Valve with a wheel is called a control valve with manual function.
In the control valves in which neutral position is not given if the wheel is moving freely, the control valve is in auto mode it will be operated through air signal.
if a wheel is not moving freely control valve is in manual mode, It will be operated through wheel operation, and in this case, the air supply should be off.
“Sharing is caring”
Share this lesson with friends, this will help others a lot. Share this lesson with various social media platforms available in this post.
If you want to share some valuable knowledge with others kindly share it.